POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Brick arch???? : Re: Brick arch???? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick arch????
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 1 May 2001 14:06:30
Message: <3aeefb25@news.povray.org>
Shawn <sha### [at] orthancabca> wrote:

> Ah I can hear the voices of my fore-fathers crying out..."RTFM! RTFM!" I
> think I'll experiment with both suggestions, and well as Marcs. I think
> an isosurface would likely make more sense for what I want to do.
> Might even post the result on p.b.images and see if it weathers the
> cannonade. :-)

Well, this sort of reparameterization isn't in the manuals, really.  It's
something I've kinda worked out by banging my head against it for awhile.
Reparameterization functions can be really nice *if* you can work out the
equations to transform the basic xyz coordinants where you want, and *if*
you have the processor time to llet it (they can be slow)

Isos are probably the best bet in this case, as they give the greatest
control, but they're also the trickiest to work with.  I've had some luck
with making stone and brick shapes with isos (look at the posts under Door
into Summer and also Into the Abyss.  Both use re-parameterized rounded cube
isos to get the stonework)  I imagine you can get something similar.

Geoff